For the smokey eyes
- To begin, cleanse tone and moisturise models face. As we are using dark colours for the eyes, I tend to complete the eye makeup prior to the application of the base/foundation.
- Apply a lid primer (I used Smashbox photo lid primer) this will allow a longer lasting eye shadow and a more even application.
- Using three shades of eye shadow, a pale cream, a grey and a charcoal (MAC) I firstly applied the lightest shade all over the lid. I then used the grey (medium colour) to contour the crease of the eye lids. This will give a blended out effect when the darkest shade is applied.
- Finally using the charcoal colour, apply a layer over the base of the lid making sure it meets the grey eye shadow for a blurred effect). Also blend some charcoal shadow underneath the eye to widen the look of the Smokey eye.
- Apply black pencil liner to the bottom waterline. (Lancome)
The best brushes to use for the eyes are a large flat eye shadow brush, a crease brush and a loose crease brush (I used a mixture of Smashbox and Givenchy)
For the face
- Use a primer for the base.
- Apply a layer of foundation.
- Use a concealer or a lighter foundation to contour the lighter parts of the face to contour.
- Use a powder to set the makeup.
- Using a contour palette with shades of browns contour the cheekbones and nose area.
- Finally you will need to fill in the brows; I used a blackup brush with a Smashbox powder palette.
Brush wise you will need a foundation brush, powder brush and contour brush and angled brow sculptor.
For the lips
I used a blackup M17 lipstick with a matte finish.